Wednesday, December 16, 2009

There is Always Time For a Tea Party




I always find baking rather decadent as we didn't have this kind of food growing up- I come from a very healthy household, so I find getting into the kitchen to mix butter, flour and sugar such a treat that I need to share with friends. A good way I've found of doing this is to have tea parties, which I utterly adore.  This years tea party that I made had a very English feel about it. I made Fresh Ginger Cake, Scones with French berry jam and clotted cream, Upside Down Pineapple Cake, Eccles Cakes, and Caramel Toffee Apples. The teas were Roobios, Turkish Apple and Mint. (photos by Sarah Redimerio)
There is something so satisfying and joyful about sharing sweet baked goods with a cup of hot drink to wash it all down with.
I had to bake the upside down pineapple cake twice as the first one leaked out of the tin and the tin bubbled up- a bit freaky. So I dashed down to my local supermarket and bought a cake tin for a third of the price of the other one and it worked great. The scones had to be redone as well as my oven was burning them underneath. A friend dropped by early and told me to do my hair and make up and wear a smile, another friend helped me with the  caramel toffee apples and stuck chop sticks in them as I couldn't find sticks haha.
This was my third annual tea party, I'm already looking forward to next years:)









No comments:

Post a Comment